Dear Students,We hope you are doing well, and coping with this new routine as we come to the end of another week of school being closed. We hope too you are staying calm and that you are adjusting well to our new circumstances.Below are some general tips which could help you maintain a sense of routine at this time:
- Try to use your normal daily school timetable to organise your day: Get up at the same time you would in a normal school day every morning, shower, dress, create a separate work/study space, use your study timetable. Take regular breaks. Talk to each other using what’s app/phone etc.
- Keep up communication with your teachers:
- Also, it’s important to keep up with class work and communicate with your teachers if you are having difficulty with any work given. Our teachers in Mohill Community College are determined to give you all the help possible to get through this successfully.
- Difficulties with e-mails need to be communicated directly to us using the school’s e-mail email@example.com. We will work on a quick resolution for you.
- It is good to acknowledge emails (even if we might prefer to think we hadn’t got it!). A quick ‘Thank You’ or Thumbs Up can suffice.
- Follow social distancing measures and do your socialising online: Keep you, your family and friends safe and healthy and do your bit to combat the virus by following social distancing measures (sadly a third of all confirmed cases in Ireland are aged between 15 – 34). While I know this is difficult for us all, we’re lucky that we can make use of What’sApp, the phone and other social media to stay in touch with one another at this time.
- Get fresh air and do regular exercise: It’s equally important to get fresh air, go for a walk/run. We are lucky to be surrounded by many quiet country roads in Leitrim and they’re even safer with less traffic these days. The really crucial thing is to maintain physical distance of 2 metres and to avoid groups (in the UK and Germany they are defining groups as no more than 2 people). Listen to music, watch movies, read and do something to switch off.
- Keep up the work on all your subjects: Make sure you try to do some work in every subject every day. Alternate your subjects – do a subject you like and then one you are not so fond off. Mix it up and try to find a learning style which suits you. You all know at this stage what works for you.
- Prioritise your mental wellbeing: Keep talking to your family and those you are close to and try to stay positive in this time of uncertainty that we’re all facing (mindfulness apps and body scan guided meditations/breathing exercises on youtube are great). Only watch the news once a day and avoid the constant updates.Advice for your careers guidance:Please continue to research your careers options on Qualifax. If you have any queries or need help please don’t hesitate to get in touch with Career Guidance teachers by email.Please also continue to use Careers Portal – so many resources on this site. For example, there’s a realtime noticeboard providing a timeline on university/PLC/career online events.Careersportal is a useful resource for those looking for Scholarship information. Have a look through the List of Scholarships and see if you are eligible for any of them and write a list of them and the application date. GMIT for example have just updated info on their scholarships. Go through it on the college websites like you all did in class.SUSI grant information is on https://susi.ieFor relevant students who haven’t already done so please apply for Post Leaving Cert (PLC) Courses now as the applications are opene.g Galway Technical Institute www.gti.ie Galway Community College www.galwaycc.ie etc. Cavan, Ballinode and Templemichael.You are a really great bunch and we are all in this together and we will all get through it together.Stay safe and keep doing your best with the home study.
Mohill Community College
Republic of Ireland
Mayo, Sligo and Leitrim ETB
- Board of Management November 2020 Agreed Report3rd December 2020 - 12:45 pm
Agreed Report BOM 30th November 2020
- Parent Survey23rd November 2020 - 3:10 pm
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SWD5628 NPCPP Back to School Survey Nov 2020 Take this survey powered by surveymonkey.com. Create your own surveys for free. www.surveymonkey.com
- Parent Teacher Meetings 2020/202112th November 2020 - 6:22 pm
In light of Covid-19 Restrictions Parent Teacher Meetings will be replaced with an Assessment Report which will be published on VSWare. First and Third Year Reports will be published on VSWare on 20th November, which 6th Year Report will be published on 15th December. The 6th Year Report will be Leaving Cert students’ Christmas Report […]
- A Parent’s Guide to Close Contacts
- Back to School August 2020
- Board of Management Agreed Report February 2019
- Child Safeguarding Statement, Risk Assessment & Review
- Concern Debating 2018
- Data Protection Mayo Sligo Leitrim ETB
- Freedom of Information Request Form
- Global Citizenship Education
- Health and Safety Control of Covid 19 Policy for Students
- Junior Cycle/NCCA Information
- PE Inspection Report 2019
- Policy on Reporting
- Risk Assessment
- School Calendar 2021-2022
- School News
- School News – February 2019
- School News – March 2019
- School News December 2018
- School News January 2019
- School News November 2018
- School News October 2018
- School News September 2018
- School news- April 2019
- School News- May 2019
- TY Trip to Rooskey