This policy should be read in conjunction with MSLETB Data Protection Policies which can be accessed on MSLETB’s website .Your consent applies to the following domains: mohillcommunitycollege.ie
What are cookies ?
If you want to check or change what types of cookies you accept, this can usually be altered within your browser settings / manage consent. You can block cookies at any time by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you’d expect.
- Remember your settings during and between visits.
- Improve the speed/security of the site.
- Allows us to share pages with social networks like Facebook.
- Continuously improve our website for you.
The third-party cookies used on our websites are used mainly for understanding how the website performs, how you interact with our website, keeping our services secure, providing advertisements that are relevant to you, and all in all providing you with a better and improved user experience and help speed up your future interactions with our website.
Our website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google, Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043 USA, www.google.com (“Google Analytics” or “Google”). Google Analytics employs cookies that are stored to your computer in order to facilitate an analysis of your use of the site. The information generated by these cookies, such as time, place and frequency of your visits to our site, including your IP address, is transmitted to Google’s location in the US and stored there.
In using Google Analytics our website employs the extension “anonymizeIp”. In doing so, Google abbreviates and thereby anonymizes your IP address before transferring it from EU/EEA member states. Google uses this information to analyse your use of our site, to compile reports for us on internet activity and to provide other services relating to our website.
Google Analytics also uses electronic images known as web beacons (sometimes called single pixel gifs) and are used along with cookies to compile aggregated statistics to analyse how our site is used. If you wish to withdraw previously given consent to cookies on this website for any reason, click the link to the cookies control panel in the footer.
How can I control the cookie preferences ?
In addition to this, different browsers provide different methods to block and delete cookies used by websites. You can change the settings of your browser to block/delete the cookies. To find out more out more on how to manage and delete cookies, visit wikipedia.org, www.allaboutcookies.org.
Turning Cookies Off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies. Doing so however will likely limit the functionality of this site and a large proportion of the world’s websites, as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites. It may be that you have concerns around cookies in relation to so called “spyware”. Rather than switching off cookies in your browser you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive.
What types of cookies do we use ?
The following are the types of Cookies in use on our website:
– Session cookies: these are only stored on your computer during your web session and are automatically deleted when you close your browser. They usually store an anonymous session ID allowing you to browse a website without having to log in to each page, but they do not collect any personal data from your computer.
– Persistent cookies: a persistent cookie is stored as a file on your computer and remains there when you close your web browser. The cookie can be read by the website that created it when you visit that website again.
– Functionality cookies: These cookies allow our website to remember choices you make and provide enhanced features. For instance, we may be able to provide you with news or updates relevant to the services you use. They may also be used to provide services you have requested such as viewing a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect is usually anonymised.
– Third-Party Cookies: Our site, like most websites, includes functionality provided by third parties. These are loaded as a result of the way we integrate tools and content from other websites. Disabling these cookies will likely break the functions offered by these third parties.
– HTTP Cookies: An HTTP cookie (web cookie, browser cookie) is a small piece of data that a server sends to the user’s web browser. The browser may store it and send it back with later requests to the same server. Typically, it is used to tell if two requests came from the same browser — keeping a user logged-in, for example. It remembers stateful information for the stateless HTTP protocol.
– HTML Local Storage: Local storage is mainly used to store and retrieve data in HTML pages from the same domain. Even after restarting a browser, the data can be recovered from all windows in the same domain. This type of storage offers numerous options for Web apps.
The cookies used on our website are grouped into the following categories.The below list details the cookies used in our website.
|Analytics / Performance|
|sc_anonymous_id||The cookie is set by SoundCloud to enable SoundCloud player. Read Soundcloud's Privacy statement here.|
|Marketing / Advertisement|
Powered By WebToffee