Communication to Parents Junior Cycle Assessment Policy 2020
Junior Cycle Assessment Policy 2020
This document outlines the approach that Mohill Community College will take in the assessment of Junior Cycle students, 2020. The DES Guidelines for Schools, Assessment and Reporting on Students’ Learning at Junior Cycle, May 2020 has informed the recommended approach outlined.
The guidelines provide for:
1. A whole school approach to the assessment of Junior Cycle students, 2020.
2. Inclusivity and equity of access by all students.
4. Completion of the assessment process by May 29th. An Assessment Report with a Grade/Grade Descriptor for each subject will issue electronically the week beginning 15th June 2020.
Mohill Community College
5. Mohill Community College will issue a further Report which will include
(1) Grade/Grade Descriptor for each subject from June 2020
(2) Grade Descriptor for CBA1 and CBA2 in those subject where applicable, and
(3) students’ ‘Other Areas of Learning’ (a reflection exercise for students as they reflect on their learning, to be completed) will issue in the Autumn term.
|The final Grade or Grade Descriptor will be awarded for each subject based on:
· Learning from September 2018 – March 12th, 2020 (2nd year and 3rd year)
· the May 2020 Assessment where applicable.
· Where students are engaged in a Junior Cycle Subject a Grade Descriptor will be awarded.
· Where students are engaged in Junior Cert a traditional grade will be awarded.
Junior Cycle Grade Descriptors
Distinction (90 – 100%), Higher Merit (75 – 89%), Merit 55 – 74%), Achieved (40 – 54%),
Partially Achieved (20 – 40%), Not graded (0 – 20%)
Junior Cycle School Report June 2020
|Principal: Ms. Una Duffy||Date: 6th May 2020|
|Chair (BOM): Mr. Donal Fox||Date: 6th May 2020|