The 2A class as part of their CSPE action project set up a fair trade stall in the school. We sold fair trade products – ice cream, chocolate bars and bananas. We opened this shop to raise awareness to other students about the importance of fair trade.
For our project we also had three guest speakers from Fair trade to come and talk to us. Peter Gaynor was one of the speakers. Peter is the director of Fair trade, Ireland. Sister Nora Burke was another speaker, who is involved with fair trade locally. We also had Alex Flores from El Salvador, who is a manager of the Fair trade
Co-operative in El Salvador. Their presentation gave us a great insight on the important work of Fair trade.
By: Tara Quinn & Ronan Moran.
Art in the Dock.
Eight fifth year Art students attended a workshop in the Dock, Carrick-on-Shannon on Saturday last. The workshop was conducted by the artist in residence – Kate Wilson and was based on the exhibition “with bread” by Abigail O’Brien. We baked pieces of bread with a precious personal object in each. We made charcoal sketches of the pieces in the exhibition and a few of us made a collective piece using charcoal to capture the feelings and gestures of making bread. At the end we eat our pieces of bread with butter and jam! – Sean Ceroni.
Second Year Boys Basketball.
The second years have recorded three wins in a row within a week and currently top the table. They played St. Muredachs, Ballina and Gortnor Abbey, Belmullet away the same day and have played St. Nathys, Ballaghadereen also in a home game. Ms. Hargaden Ward is in charge of this group.
Tadhg Mulligan, Evan Harkin, Sean Harkin, Jonathan Reynolds, Liam Rowley, Gavin Gordon, Dylan Gaffey, James McNabola, Eoin Kenny, Shane Cox, Christy Sullivan, Cian Mallon, James Quinn.
LCVP Abbott Trip.
The fifth year LCVP class had a tour of the Abbott facility in Longford. This was a very interesting and educational outing for the students. Ms. Hargaden Ward organised the visit.
Mohill Community College
Republic of Ireland
Mayo, Sligo and Leitrim ETB
- Write a poem 202115th June 2021 - 9:03 am
Congratulations to our write a poem 2021 winners; Elana Kilraine and Tiarnan Kellegher.
- Board of Management November 2020 Agreed Report3rd December 2020 - 12:45 pm
Agreed Report BOM 30th November 2020
- Parent Survey23rd November 2020 - 3:10 pm
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SWD5628 NPCPP Back to School Survey Nov 2020 Take this survey powered by surveymonkey.com. Create your own surveys for free. www.surveymonkey.com
- A Parent’s Guide to Close Contacts
- Back to School August 2020
- Board of Management Agreed Report February 2019
- Child Safeguarding Statement, Risk Assessment & Review
- Concern Debating 2018
- Data Protection Mayo Sligo Leitrim ETB
- Freedom of Information Request Form
- Global Citizenship Education
- Health and Safety Control of Covid 19 Policy for Students
- Junior Cycle/NCCA Information
- PE Inspection Report 2019
- Policy on Reporting
- Risk Assessment
- School Calendar 2021-2022
- School News
- School News – February 2019
- School News – March 2019
- School News December 2018
- School News January 2019
- School News November 2018
- School News October 2018
- School News September 2018
- School news- April 2019
- School News- May 2019
- TY Trip to Rooskey